The Volunteer Fire Department in ‘Boćki’
The Volunteer Fire Department in ‘Boćki’ (Polish: ‘Storks’) was founded in 1909. Apart from the male section (30 persons), there are two Young Volunteer Fire Sections (five boys and five girls) and a Female Fire Section (eleven women). The VFD has also the active Brass Band and the ‘Klekociaki’ (‘Clatterers’) Folk Band. The VFD is based in a brick, centrally heated fire station with three vehicle parking places. They have two light fire engines and one heavy rescue vehicle. Properly equipped and trained, the firemen are able to operate in the following fields: fire fighting, technical and traffic rescue as well as emergency medical services.